Saturday, April 9, 2011

Still recovering :(

We are back from the mini vacation now, and happy to play with the boys again.  It was a nice break from Burns though.  So anyway, my foot is still very sore and tender, and recovery isn't going as quick as I would have hoped for.  I guess if I walked on it less that might help.  That's hard to do though with kids running around and household chores to do.  I am seriously considering NOT competing in the local tournament coming up, which means my foot must be pretty bad.  I've been looking forward to this tournament for a long time, and not competing really hurts inside.  I love martial arts and was hoping to kind of show off to the local community.  Might be better to let things heal first, even though I'll be missing a great tournament.  There will be others though. 
Belt testing is coming up soon and I should be ok to do that much.  I believe its next weekend but I'll have to check with Mr. F.  We're trying to get my son to break another board before we pay for his testing, that way we know he can do it in the gym in front of people.  Its more of a confidence builder, because last time he struggled, and that brought him down.  He'll do great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment