Saturday, February 26, 2011

Calories, be gone!

Sweating like hell here!  Today's workout was kenpo X, and what a great workout today.  My twists and pivots are getting much better, and the punching series is finally coming together.  I'm not so uncoordinated with the combination of moves.  I'm still trying to get faster with the step-punch-drag-punch, and that wasn't too bad today either.  It still needs work, but as long as I'm busting my butt here, I'm not worried about it.  Kenpo is excellent for burning calories -- today I got rid of 660 of them.  Seeing those high numbers really makes me happy.  I think I have a great routine going for fitness, but I still need more focus on my diet.  I guess the occasional treat is okay :)

Last night we had a fantastic taekwondo class.  We did a lot of three-man drills, with kicks, and did the forms training that I was hoping for.  I got some feedback on things that need tweeking, or things I could sharpen up.  Overall it was a great workout, and I'm sure I burned a heck of a lot of calories there too.  It was also the extended class, which basically equals two classes worth of instruction.  Plus, since no one showed up for demo team, we did another 30-40 minutes of messing around with some judo and more difficult kicks.  The instructor is doing some research for me on how to do a 540 kick and a 540 back kick.  I only need to learn the latter of the two, but I just wanted to know a 540 kick for board breaking and demonstration purposes.  I gave it a shot last night, and I got the kick part down, but the landing needs work.  Not bad for my first tries.  Had an excellent evening of training, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment