Friday, February 18, 2011

P90X on the road...

So our family is taking a little vacation to McMinnville, OR, where my sister-in-law lives.  I don't want to steer away from my initial P90X routine, so I decided to take it with me.  Today was the kenpo X workout, and it felt pretty good to stretch my legs and back after the long drive.  It was a great workout, and I burned a lot of calories this morning.  I kinda splurged on trail mix on the way over here, so I had to burn something off.  The workout went really well, I enjoyed it this morning.  I got my kicks a little higher than normal and my punches are getting faster and cleaner; in my opinion anyway.  I'm hoping that tomorrow will be another great yoga session, because I could use some deep stretching.  So far, the upper body workouts have gone great.  Next week is about the same as this week, only the Tuesday and Thursday routines are changed around; they are still upper body workouts.  I have decided to call these next four weeks the glamour weeks, because the focus is more on muscles that people recognize most -- arms, shoulders, chest, and abs.  I can't wait to see how things have changed after all of this is said and done.  It would be nice to workout without a shirt on, or go running in just a pair of shorts and shoes.  I suppose I need to start running first though...

No comments:

Post a Comment